Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Send me on my way

"There are two basic approaches to dressing: stay in the same town and change clothes every day, or wear the same clothes and just change towns," says my most adored summer read, First-Time Europe. So here I am, having just finished packing my Vegabond Tour 40 backpack from REI to accompany me on my journey abroad. OK, maybe I packed more than one outfit, but I'm excited to say that everything I need will be on my shoulders, and beyond that is pure experience.

I can guess what my feelings will be getting on the plane tomorrow morning, as I'll try to grasp that my trip is actually beginning. I can reckon my thoughts in Toronto during my layover will be more along the lines of an anxious haze from long hours in crowded airports. But I can't imagine how I will feel stepping off the Boeing 777 airplane in Paris. After a summer of neurotic preparation, resisting the urge to plan out every minute of my travels, I will finally be in Europe, where I can do just about anything. Wow, am I lucky. Lucky and grateful, and more than ready to embark on this adventure. One thing I do know is, my luggage won't be weighing me down.

5 comments:

  1. i'm certain that you will have the time of your life Paige! remember to stay where there are people, listen to your inside voice and when those little hairs on the back of your neck stand on end... pay attention!!! think of us often as we will be thinking of you daily! We're all SOOOOO PROUD of who you have become! enjoy your adventure. love and hugs - auntie karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are wondering how it's going?? We know you just left, but hope all is well. We are thinking about you and your awesome travel adventure. Have fun, be safe and keep us posted. Love Ya!! The Munk's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paige, I loved reading about what you have been doing. Your salad was too much. I kept looking at wondering what it was.... HA! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Paige, love the blog. I look forward each day and can't wait for the next. I'm very proud of you and your currage to take such a journey.
    Be safe, I love you.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto Woodside Steve! Super super proud.;)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe to my blog!

* indicates required